Women's Leadership Program
Over fifty percent of Greater Boston’s workforce is comprised of talented female professionals. We're focused on tapping into that strength to maximize the power of women leaders for the success of our region through our Women’s Leadership Program (WLP). Presented in partnership with Simmons School of Management, this program provides emerging female professionals the opportunity to enhance their leadership skills and develop professional networks that will serve them throughout their careers.
- Examine and own your personal leadership style
- Learn tactics to accelerate your career, including negotiation skills and leading through a gendered lens
- Develop relationships across industries and experiences: Gain exposure and access to the city’s top women leaders, and participate in structured peer-to-peer mentor groups
- A special Leadership Forum featuring a nationally renowned expert in leadership
- Professionals confident in their career paths and progression
- Leaders capable and comfortable developing strong, productive teams
- Business leaders with deeper, broader connections
WLP participants will:
- Learn from top faculty at Simmons School of Management
- Cultivate personal leadership styles and acquire new leadership skills
- Develop a long-lasting network of peer mentors across all industries
- Strengthen their understanding of the Greater Boston business community
- Engage with prominent senior women leaders in Greater Boston, including members of the Chamber’s vibrant Women’s Network.
Eligibility & Selection Process
- Each year we select two cohorts of up to 60 women who are employed by Chamber member companies, looking for career advancement, and seen as being self-motivated, interested in learning, and promotable.
- Nominate: The Chamber solicits and accepts online nominations from members during
a rolling nomination period starting June 1 through July 31. Individuals may nominate themselves provided their organization is a Chamber member. A nomination does not guarantee selection into the cohort.
- Apply: Once a nomination is submitted, we will invite the nominee to complete an online
application during the application period starting June 15 through July 31.
- Decide: A selection committee will review the application to ensure a well rounded cohort and let candidates know of decisions by August 31.
The WLP program runs from September through June. The cost of participation is $4,000, which includes sessions, course materials, and meals.
See the 2018/2019 WLP Program Schedule (PDF).
See the list of 2018/2019 WLP participants (PDF).
Click here for a printable PDF about the program.
Applications for the 2018-19 Women’s Leadership Class are now closed. For any further inquiries about our Women’s Leadership Program, please contact Alyson Weiss.