When she couldn’t find care for her two children and aging parents, Sheila Marcelo turned a challenge into an opportunity: she started Care.com. In the thirteen years since, Care.com has grown to serve more than 34 million people in over 20 countries and has been the trusted resource for families to access affordable care services and caregivers to find meaningful work.
Each year $280 billion is spent on child and senior care in the U.S. and that number is expected to grow, exponentially, in the future. Women continue to be the primary caregivers in households and, when they lack support, their careers are hit hard. Lack of caregiving support is a leading cause of absenteeism in the workplace – when women can’t work, individuals and businesses lose out. As the founder, chairwoman, and CEO of Care.com, Sheila has revolutionized the caregiving industry and helped connect families with access to affordable caregiving solutions.
In our next Women’s Network Breakfast, Sheila joins us to discuss, among other topics, investing in women-led businesses, and how businesses can be both mission-based and profitable, and what it means to be an authentic leader.
This program is being held in conjunction with WE BOS Week, an initiative of the Mayor's Office of Women's Advancement. To learn more about WE BOS Week and what the City of Boston is doing to support women entrepreneurs, click here.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN MY REGISTRATION?
- Access to a welcoming community of professionals, topical discussions featuring the region's top business leaders, and a plated breakfast with choice of coffee, tea or fresh juice.
- Dietary restrictions? Please notify your server and they will be able to assist you.
WHAT SHOULD I BRING?
- An interest in connecting with women professionals from all industries and career stages. Oh, and don't forget business cards!
WHAT SHOULD I WEAR?
- Please come dressed for your day!
WHO WILL BE THERE?
- To view the current list of attendees, click here.
HOW DO I GET THERE?
- For helpful tips on traveling to the Renaissance Boston Waterfront, click here.
- Valet parking is available. We do not offer parking validation.
- The closest MBTA stop is Silver Line Way (Silver Line).
WHEN SHOULD I ARRIVE?
- Registration & networking begins at 7:30 a.m. If you arrive earlier than 7:30 a.m., kudos to you for beating the traffic! Renaissance Boston Waterfront has a lobby on the ground floor where you can wait and catch up on emails or start a conversation with a fellow attendee.
CAN I REGISTER AT THE EVENT OR DO I NEED TO REGISTER IN ADVANCE?
- We have a limited number of tickets available for walk-in registrants. Women's Network events are some of the Chamber's most popular and we recommend registering in advance to secure your spot!
WHAT IS THE REFUND POLICY?
- All cancellations must be received at least three (3) business days prior to the event to avoid being charged or to receive a refund.
Boston, MA 02210
All cancellations must be received at least three (3) business days prior to the event to avoid being charged or to receive a refund.