What happens when two successful serial entrepreneurs join forces? They tap the potential of women who want to earn on their own terms, the flexibility to run businesses on a part-time basis, and to work the hours they choose. Gail Goodman and Sharon Kan, co-founders of the Cambridge-based startup, Pepperlane, are working to help moms start and grow their businesses and cultivate their entrepreneurial spirits – and that’s something they know a thing or two about.
Between the pair, they have developed a unique partnership, and hope that other successful entrepreneurs will follow their path. Goodman took her company public and later sold it for 1.1B, Kan built 3 startups from foundation to exit, and she founded the Women Innovating Now Lab at Babson College. Goodman and Kan didn’t think they would start another company but they couldn’t resist the opportunity and together they are going full force and planning to change the world for mothers in a very unconventional way. Join us for a fireside chat with Sharon and Gail that will explore their partnership, supporting women-owned businesses, and how they started a movement that has empowered women across the nation.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN MY REGISTRATION?
- Access to a welcoming community of professionals, topical discussions featuring the region's top business leaders, and a plated breakfast with choice of coffee, tea or fresh juice.
- Dietary restrictions? Please notify your server and they will be able to assist you.
WHAT SHOULD I BRING?
- An interest in connecting with women professionals from all industries and career stages. Oh, and don't forget business cards!
WHAT SHOULD I WEAR?
- Please come dressed for your day!
HOW DO I GET THERE?
- For helpful tips on traveling to the Seaport Hotel, click here.
- The Seaport Hotel is has a parking garage on-site that is accessible by Seaport Boulevard, B and D Streets, and Congress Street. We do not offer parking validation.
- The closest MBTA stop is World Trade Center (Silver Line). The World Trade Center station is directly adjacent to the hotel.
WHEN SHOULD I ARRIVE?
- Registration & networking begins at 7:30 a.m. If you arrive earlier than 7:30 a.m., kudos to you for beating the traffic! The Seaport Hotel has a lobby on the ground floor where you can wait and catch up on emails or start a conversation with a fellow attendee.
WHO WILL BE THERE?
- To view the current list of attendees, click here.
CAN I REGISTER AT THE EVENT OR DO I NEED TO REGISTER IN ADVANCE?
- We have a limited number of tickets available for walk-in registrants. Women's Network events are some of the Chamber's most popular and we recommend registering in advance to secure your spot!
WHAT IS THE REFUND POLICY?
- All cancellations must be received at least three (3) business days prior to the event to avoid being charged or to receive a refund.
Boston, MA 02210
All cancellations must be received at least three (3) business days prior to the event to avoid being charged or to receive a refund.