What does a quintessentially American brand – Talbots – need in order to succeed in the ever-changing world of retail? Enter Lizanne Kindler, a visionary leader with a global perspective. A veteran of retailers such as Ann Taylor and Kohl’s, Kindler rejoined Talbots in 2012 as president (she previously served as Executive Vice President of Merchandising) and was tasked with turning around the Massachusetts-based brand as it was on the brink. Today, the retailer is thriving with over $1 billion in revenue and is focused on connecting with customers wherever, whenever, and however they want to shop.
Kindler leads a legacy left by Nancy and Rudolf Talbot, who launched the now-national brand in Hingham, Massachusetts over 70 years ago. Join us for our first Women’s Network breakfast of 2020 to learn Lizanne’s secrets to success, including creating a strategy and communicating your vision, harnessing the power of intrapreneurship, and giving back to your community as leader and as a company.
This program takes place during a school vacation week. Are you interested in attending but need childcare? We've partnered with Care.com's Care@Work Event Care to offer onsite childcare during this program. Childcare will be offered on a first-come, first-serve basis for children between the ages of 6 months to 12 years. You can sign-up for the service when registering for the event. To learn more about Care@Work Event Care, its team of professional caregivers, and their policies, click here.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN MY REGISTRATION?
- Access to a welcoming community of professionals, topical discussions featuring the region's top business leaders, and breakfast with choice of coffee, tea or fresh juice.
- Dietary restrictions? Please notify a server and they will be able to assist you.
WHAT SHOULD I BRING?
- An interest in connecting with women professionals from all industries and career stages. Oh, and don't forget business cards!
WHAT SHOULD I WEAR?
- Please come dressed for your day!
WHO WILL BE THERE?
- To view a current attendee list, click here.
HOW DO I GET THERE?
- For directions to Artists for Humanity, click here.
- The closest parking garage is Channel Center. It is located directly behind Artists for Humanity. For directions, click here.
- The closest T stop is Broadway (Red Line). The 11 Bayview bus stops at W Second St, a short walk from Artists for Humanity.
WHEN SHOULD I ARRIVE?
- Registration & networking begins at 7:30 a.m. If you arrive earlier than 7:30 a.m., kudos to you for beating the traffic! The program will begin promptly at 8:00 a.m.
CAN I REGISTER AT THE EVENT OR DO I NEED TO REGISTER IN ADVANCE?
- Due to venue restrictions, we cannot accept on-site registrations. If you would like to attend, please register online in advance of the event.
I WANT TO ATTEND THE EVENT BUT NEED CHILDCARE. CAN YOU HELP?
- Yes! We've partnered with Care.com to offer onsite childcare during the event. Childcare will be provided on a first-come, first-serve basis and you must opt into this service when you register for the event.
- To learn more about Care@Work Event Care, its team of professional caregivers, and whether you and your child can participate, click here.
WHAT IS THE REFUND POLICY?
- All cancellations must be received at least three (3) business days prior to the event to avoid being charged or to receive a refund.
Boston, MA 02127
All cancellations must be received at least three (3) business days prior to the event to avoid being charged or to receive a refund.