Nia Evans is the Director of the Boston Ujima Project. She is passionate about re-writing the story of Boston and creating a space where all voices are heard and people work together to take care of one another. She and the Ujima Project believe it is important for communities to have the final say over the development that impacts their streets and their families.
In our March Speaker Series dinner, Nia will expand on her philosophy that change won't happen if we all continue to work in silos and why it is important for young professionals to active their voice.
What are our Words of Wisdom Dinners?
Words of Wisdom Dinners are a complement to our Lunches on Leadership. In this series, a leader from our community joins a small group of young professionals for a conversation about incredible milestones we’ve observed in their career. We pick their brain on highs and lows, and leave plenty of time for questions.
- What is included in my registration? In your registration, you will have access to a welcoming community of young professionals, the opportunity to be inspired by a local leader in our community, and the ability to engage in topical discussions featuring the issues affecting our region. A light dinner will also be included.
- What should I bring? Please bring a valid ID to check in with security.
- What should I wear? We like to say, "come dressed for your day", meaning whatever you feel most comfortable in. City Awake events are typically more casual, unless told otherwise.
- Who will be there? Stay tuned for our guest list that will be uploaded closer to the event.
- When should I arrive? We recommend you join us right around 5:30pm for the dinners to have enough time to get a seat and grab food before the speaking portion starts.
- Can I register on-site at the event? We do not allow on-site registration for City Awake events. Please register ahead of time.
- What is the refund policy? All cancellations must be received at least three (3) business days prior to the event to avoid being charged or to receive a refund.
- What if I am visually, auditorily, or physically impaired? Please let us know ahead of the event if you need any extra assistance upon arrival. We typically always have microphones and recommend that you sit towards the front of the room.
- Will there be an opportunity to ask questions? Yes! Come prepared to ask questions during the Q&A portion of the program, which is after the moderated discussion.
Roxbury, MA 02119